Yalgardup Falls, (Google Map Here) also known as Kevill Road Waterfall, or Kevill Road East Falls, as they are located on Kevill Road, is a beautiful natural attraction located just 4.1km from the town center of Margaret River in Western Australia. The falls are fed by the actual Margaret River, as it flows down from the nearby hills and into a large pool at the base of the waterfall, continuing its way towards the coast. Visitors can take in the stunning scenery from the nearby car park, and walk up and down the side of the river.
I’m a local expert on accommodation AND a local expert on Margaret River, so you can trust this detailed guide on Yalgardup Falls in Margaret River!
- How To Get To Yalgardup Falls
- Tips For Visiting Yalgardup Falls
- Is Yalgardup Falls Suitable For Kids?
- How Long Does Yalgardup Falls Take?
- Are There Toilets At Yalgardup Falls?
- Is Yalgardup Falls Dog-Friendly?
- When Is The Best Time To Visit Yalgardup Falls?
- What Else Should I Know About Yalgardup Falls?
How To Get To Yalgardup Falls
If you are looking for a waterfall near Margaret River, you can’t get any closer than Yalgardup Falls! The Yalgardup Waterfall, or Kevill Road Waterfall is very easy to find if you are staying close to Margaret River.
To get to Yalgardup Falls from Margaret River, head up Wallcliffe Road towards the beach, and then turn right on Kevill Road. After passing several large paddocks with kangaroos, and a few houses, the road will fork around to the left, and on your right-hand side, you will see a gravel car park with the waterfall flowing right next to it!
You could easily reach Yalgardup Falls by bike or walking too, they are only 4km from town! Just take the bike path that runs alongside Wallcliffe Road, but be careful when you turn up Kevill Road, as you will have to ride/walk on the road here and visibility isn’t always the best for drivers as it’s a very narrow road.
Tips For Visiting Yalgardup Falls
There are a few things to keep in mind when visiting Yalgardup Falls:
- Yalgardup Falls are best viewed in Winter, or early Spring, after rainfall. It’s still nice to visit other times of year, the waterfall just won’t be as heavy.
- Yalgardup Falls are located in a bushland area, so be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and be mindful of the native plants and animals in the area.
- The falls are located in a residential area, so be mindful of the people that call the area home.
- On your way there, the road is narrow, and you may want to stop your car to take photos of the kangaroos you’ll see in the paddocks. This is fine, but just make sure you don’t park on any blind corners to do this, as you don’t want someone else driving along and not seeing you.
- Watch your children! The rapids can be dangerous and it would be awful for any child to be swept away .
- Careful on the rocks! They will be slippery when wet. Don’t risk your life just for a photo.
Is Yalgardup Falls Suitable For Kids?
Yes, Yalgardup Falls are suitable for kids of all ages. However, parents should supervise their children at all times as the falls are located in a bushland area and the rapids can be dangerous.
How Long Does Yalgardup Falls Take?
Yalgardup Falls can be enjoyed for as long or as little as you like. However, allow at least 15 minutes to walk around, and take some photos. It’s very scenic, especially in winter and early spring, or after big rainfall. Perhaps you could even get a Take-Away Coffee to sit and listen to the sound of the falls.
Are There Toilets At Yalgardup Falls?
Is Yalgardup Falls Dog-Friendly?
Yes, you can take your dog to Yalgardup Falls. We also have a great list of Dog-Friendly Activities In Margaret River if you’re looking for other things to do while visiting Margaret River with your dog!
When Is The Best Time To Visit Yalgardup Falls?
Yalgardup Falls are best viewed in Winter, or early Spring, after rainfall. It’s still nice to visit other times of year, the waterfall just won’t be as heavy.
It’s also nice to visit any time during the day, why not try a sunset or sunrise and see if you can get some better photos in a different light!
What Else Should I Know About Yalgardup Falls?
Yalgardup Falls, or Kevill Road Waterfall, is a beautiful natural attraction that is well worth a visit if you are in the Margaret River area. Be sure to keep the above tips in mind when planning your trip, and you’re sure to have a great time at the Falls!