10 DAYS, 50+ EVENTS, 50+ CULINARY SUPERSTARS
Some of the biggest names in the culinary world have visited Margaret River and the gourmet escape over the past 7 years, and 2019 will be no exception.
The Western Australia 2019 Gourmet Escape offers yet again an amazing line up of local and international chefs while showcasing the Margaret River Regions finest wines, craft beers and amazing local produce
This once-a-year event offers a chance to eat, drink and party, including some amazing new dining experiences while old favourites like, the Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ and the Gourmet Village at Leeuwin Estate are back on the list.
You can expect ten days of the best food and wine Western Australia has to offer, while taking place across 3 stunning regions in Western Australia.
Starting in the Swan Valley, extending to Perth and ending in Margaret River from November 15 -17 This extraordinary event is truly a magical showcase of our regions premium produce and wine while celebrating International and Australian culinary talent showing off their skills.
Gourmet Escape Margaret River Highlights
With so many unique events across our region throughout the Gourmet Escape weekend. We know whichever you choose you will enjoy.
Just make sure you get in quick as tickets and accommodation often sell out months in advance.
Below are just some of the highlights in our Margaret River Region:
- The ever-popular Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQwill be hosted by a blend of international, Australian and WA chefs, once again offering up the perfect waterside dining experience coupled with incredible produce, wine and music (Fri 15 Nov- Sun 17 Nov.)
- Mark Best on the Ocean Dream– join Australian chef Mark Best for a one-of-a-kind luxury cruise on idyllic Geographe Bay on board the luxury catamaran ‘Ocean Dream.’ Best’s cooking combined with spectacular views and world-class local wines will make for an unforgettable experience (Fri 15 – Sun 17 Nov.)
- Lake House Meets Wills Domain– East meets south-west as two champions of regional food, Alla Wolf-Tasker AM of Lake House Daylesford and Seth James from Wills Domain, come together to serve an unforgettable dinner overlooking the vines (Fri 15 Nov.)
- Mission Chinese X Chow’s Tablepresented by Gage Roads Brewing Co. – from the eclectic streets of NYC to the picturesque valleys of Margaret River, this unique partnering will see Mission Chinese mastermind Danny Bowien collaborate with local legend Malcolm Chow for a Chinese banquet like no other (Sat 16 Nov.)
- Into the New Africa #1– Foraging, respect for the land and a deep love of country: South Africa’s Kobus van der Merwe, from The World Restaurant Awards’ Restaurant of the Year 2019* Wolfgat, is heading to Western Australia to prepare an intimate, personal dinner with Paul Iskov of Fervor (Fri 15 Nov.)
- Into the New Africa #2– For one night only, two nomadic chefs – Selassie Atadika from Ghana, and Paul Iskov representing Australia’s original flavours, will come together in a cross-continent celebration of wild foods (Sat 16 Nov.)
- Dining by Twilight at Margaret River’s Secret Garden presented by Seedlip – this much-loved event will this year feature Amanda Cohen from Dirt Candy in New York, alongside WA chef George Cooper for a vegetable degustation using produce grown on Cooper’s own farm (Sat 16 Nov.)
Tickets are on sale now. For full event details visit www.gourmetescape.com.au
Don’t forget to plan your stay
Be sure to book early with accommodation, transport and event tickets always in high demand over the gourmet escape weekend.
Accommodation Margaret River offers a wide choice of quality accommodation, with options available for everyone’s needs and budgets across the region.
All of this is easy to get to as it is only 3 hours’ drive south of Perth